SYEP Camp Counselor - Summer 2022
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on helping to build better neighborhoods – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals. Part of this mission is provided at Camp Mary Orton, which enables campers to explore nature and personal development. For more information, please visit www.godmanguild.org or www.campmaryorton.org.
Compensation: $13 hourly
Job Type: Temporary full-time
Schedule: Monday through Friday, 8AM to 4PM, evening hours occasionally
Location: Camp Mary Orton, 7925 North High Street
Description: This is an opportunity to be a part of something special: SYEP at Camp Mary Orton is seeking counselors to co-lead groups of inner-city youth in assigned grade level, from kindergarten thru 8th grade, through their days. This counselor will provide safety, structure, adventure and fun to campers. Activities will include hands-on learning opportunities in STEM, Language Arts, and social emotional development, as well as traditional day camp activities, such as: arts and crafts, hiking, creeking, silly songs, field games, camp competitions, and swim lessons. We focus on fun based learning experiences for a fantastic, dynamic summer experience.
- Provide co-leadership and direction to grade-level program family of 25-30 campers by guiding them through their daily schedule within set time limits
- Co-planning and facilitation of schedule “free blocks”, weekly “choice” or “rotations” activities
- Support daily SYEP functions, including bus stop supervision, breakfast and lunch program, specialized program areas, and family night
- Document and turn in group attendance, activity logs, safety logs, and individual contact notes
- Interact with campers, as well as parents and guardians of campers, in a professional, courteous, and responsive manner
- Support and enforce all SYEP program policy and procedures
- Physical ability to walk, lift, bend, and undertake other demanding tasks for extended periods of time (required)
- Basic knowledge of computers for accurate record keeping (required)
- Previous experience with children (required)
- Ability to pass Ohio Criminal Background Check (required)
- Completion of High School with earned degree and age 18 by 6/1/2022 (required)
- Current 1st Aid-CPR certification (required, training will be provided)
- Summer Camp, Education, Child Development, or Social Work interest or background (preferred)
- Fine arts or athletic recreation background (preferred)
COVID-19 Policy: Vaccine required; mask policy for 2022 TBD. We take precautions for our staff and campers seriously!
Job Type : Temporary, Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""