AAA Ohio Auto Club (OAC) is looking for a Merchandise Specialist. As Merchandise Specialist, you are responsible for the financial success of the OAC merchandise program as well as the attraction ticket program. The Merchandise Specialist reports directly to the Travel Operations Director.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop ongoing merchandise strategy for OAC, including product, pricing, promotion and retail merchandising.
- Responsible for achieving revenue budgets and goals. Review and analyze weekly, monthly and annual merchandise sales reports and profit reports.
- Responsible for product selection, both adding and eliminating product based on sales performance. Responsible for vetting new vendors as needed and negotiating agreements with new vendors.
- Order product from vendors, create purchase orders in point-of-sale system, track inventory, reconcile payments to vendors, and other duties required for the fulfillment of merchandise and attraction tickets for all OAC locations.
- Coordinate with Distribution team to maintain product inventory for all OAC stores and subsequent reordering of additional merchandise as needed. Primarily responsible for setting and maintaining minimum/maximum order limits per location.
- Answer emails and calls from both members and OAC stores to resolve issues regarding merchandise or attraction tickets.
- Oversee OAC’s relationship with online attraction ticket vendor. Meet monthly with vendor, resolve issues, process monthly reporting and compare to OAC’s point of sale reports to ensure accuracy.
- Represent the Travel Store at planned travel events (I.e. Ohio State Fair, Great Vacations Travel Expo, etc.).
- 3 years’ retail experience, required.
- Degree in business, marketing or related field, preferred.
- Experience using point-of-sale systems, required.
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (specifically Excel), required.
- Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Be comfortable on camera for training videos.
- Possess excellent analytical and organizational skills. Must have strong attention to details.
- Strong negotiation skills a must.
AAA Ohio Auto Club offers a competitive benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurances
- Company wellness program
- Competitive 401(k) with company match
- Company paid Life, AD&D and Disability insurances
- Free AAA membership
- Company discounts
- Professional development and paid training
- Paid time off and paid holidays
Founded in 1902, AAA is one of the world's largest membership organizations and one of the most recognized and trusted brands in the U.S. Come join our team of dynamic professionals and share in our mission of providing our members, customers and employees with exceptional experiences every time!
Please visit AAA.com/careers to learn more about us and apply. AAA Ohio Auto Club is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type : Full-Time
Experience Level : Mid to Senior Level
Job Function : Marketing, Customer Service, General, Sales