AAA Ohio Auto Club is currently seeking a part-time experienced Driving Education Instructor to join our organization. This position is responsible for classroom driver education instruction and in-car training to teens and adults, utilizing approved AAA curriculum, and participate in traffic safety events and presentations, as needed.
- Deliver driving theory classroom instruction to teens and adults using approved AAA curriculum and training material. Plan and prepare lessons to reach the desired learning outcomes. Engage students in learning and provides constructive feedback on student progress.
- Deliver practical in-car training to teens and adults, including in-car driving skills assessments where applicable. Provide constructive feedback on student progress to students and their families.
- Maintain accurate student records pertaining to attendance, instruction, and program status.
- Effectively manage schedule and submit reports and other required documents in a timely manner. Support Driver Education inquiries from other OAC departments.
- Obtain and maintain necessary certifications and trainings to teach driver education courses for teens and older adults.
- Keep direct supervisor informed of all critical aspects of job function. Immediately report incidents requiring manager oversight, including, but not limited to, misconduct, dissatisfied student/customer, vehicle/classroom damage or maintenance/repair needs, etc.
- Provide exceptional service to all customers, including students and other OAC employees.
- Ensure compliance with current and forthcoming Traffic Safety Quality Standards as set forth by National AAA.
- Must be able to maintain satisfactory driving record throughout employment to meet insurance requirements.
- Must have minimum of at least 1 year of Drivers Ed experience and demonstrated success in customer service, training, teaching or coaching role.
- Valid, current Ohio driver’s license.
- Must have at least 10 years of licensed driving and clean driving record.
- Must be available on evenings and weekends.
- Must possess and maintain an excellent driving record as demonstrated through no infractions or occurrences reported within the last three years.
- Willingness to obtain necessary certifications. Must successfully complete AAA Driver Improvement Program instructor certification and applicable State driving instructor licensing requirements as directed. Continued employment is contingent on maintaining AAA instructor certification and state licensing.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to interact with audiences of all ages in-person, on the telephone and through written communication.
Job Type : Part-time
Job Function : Development, General