AVP of Workforce Development
Godman Guild Association is a non-profit organization founded in 1898 with a focus on helping to build better neighborhoods – one person, one family at a time. Godman Guild’s programs are for all ages and are built to provide a continuum of success and support, making it possible for participants to achieve their academic and career goals.
Compensation: $50,000 to $54,000 yearly, plus benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k, life, and more
Job Type: Full-time
Schedule: Mostly business hours with occasional outside hours needed
Location: Partially remote, with office at Godman Guild Association, 303 East Sixth Avenue
Description: This role will provide leadership, management, planning, support, and coordination for Godman Guild’s Workforce Development services, resulting in measurable impacts on the agency’s ability to increase the social and economic mobility of individuals in Central Ohio. The AVP of Workforce Development will also be responsible for coordinating a comprehensive array of adult programs and services across multiple locations and partner sites. In partnership with the Chief Program Officer, this role will provide leadership and ongoing evaluation of agency WFD services and develop new WFD programs and services to meet the employment needs of the community.
- Managing WFD program services and operations
- Facilitate and manage Memorandums of Understanding (MOU) with WFD employer partners and partner agencies
- Engage in WFD partner meetings and collaborative initiatives
- Integrate program services across the agency, with employers, and with community partners
- Facilitate partnerships with other education and workforce providers
- Integrating the delivery of WFD services across the following agency workforce development program areas
- Employment Services
- Adult Education
- Summer Youth Employment Services
- Maintaining ongoing communication and reporting with the Chief Program Officer about opportunities, challenges, and practices
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process throughout the program and service areas, focusing on systems/processes improvement while meeting strategic and funder outcomes
- In support of marketing efforts, partner with the CEO and CPO to publicly represent the Guild with the media and external constituency groups including communities, governments, and private organizations
- Ensure the continued financial viability of WFD programs through sound fiscal management
- Implement and manage WFD program budgets in conjunction with the CFO and CPO
- Facilitate, manage, and sustain formal and collaborative relationships with funding agencies, including Aspire and employer partners
- Manage program budgets and related funding outcomes
- Support the CPO and other leadership in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fund-raising initiatives
- Work with the CPO to apply for and manage grants, fee for service contracts, and other funding for workforce development programs
- Ensuring that WFD programs and services are in compliance with all federal, state, and local government regulations, certifications, and licensing requirements
- Supporting the CPO and other leadership in planning, organizing, and implementing public and private fund-raising initiatives
- Effectively determining the needs of employers and align WFD program services to meet those needs
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (required)
- Minimum of three years of experience in a management/supervisory position (required)
- Experience managing employment programming and employer relationships.
- Intermediate computer skills and experience using office equipment (required)
- Ability to pass a criminal background check per State of Ohio requirements (required)
- Possess a valid driver’s license with no major or DUI offenses in the past five years (required)
- Current certification in first aid and CPR (required, will be provided)
- Ability to speak other languages (preferred)
COVID-19 Policy: Vaccine required; mask policy for 2022 TBD.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : ""
Experience Level : ""
Job Function : ""