RN Case Manager
$10k Retention Bonus
TRANSITIONS WILLBEAT ANY WRITTEN OFFER FROM A DIRECT COMPETITOR.
What We Offer:
Highly Competitive Compensation
Monthly Gas Card
Auto Allowance paid per check
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD & LTD
Paid Time Off
Company Issued Electronics (laptop/tablet)
Specialty Certs: Hospice & Palliative
Free TB testing
Transitions Hospice is looking for a compassionate Registered Nurse (RN) to join our family! This is a full-time position. The RN will work in collaboration with the supervisor and the interdisciplinary team in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of medical and nursing care. The RN will act as a role model providing leadership and support to the hospice staff. Travel locally is necessary.
The RN will provide skilled and professional nursing care to patient/family/caregivers as prescribed by the physician and in compliance with regulations by the State Board of Registered Nursing, the patient and Company policies. Oversee and provide primary care, including all clinical care, palliative care, and symptom control and identify other physical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs for assigned patients. Regularly assess the patient for nursing needs. Implement the Plan of Care Provisions to meet their needs, initiate appropriate intervention and support for the patient and family upon admission and re-evaluate the patient’s nursing needs to provide appropriate, comprehensive, and responsive care plan interventions. Work closely with other members of the interdisciplinary team to ensure all patient and family care needs are being met.
The RN provides leadership and support to encourage optimum development and performance of each team member and provides an atmosphere that is compatible with team building.
- Coordinates staffing assignments and scheduling of visits.
- Patient care visit frequencies are developed with the purpose of providing continuity of care through use of the Interdisciplinary Hospice Team. Ensures adequate and appropriate inventory of supplies and equipment for the provision of patient services and that equipment and supplies are used efficiently.
- Assist in development of individualized plans, which address performance deficiencies. Demonstrates behavior appropriate to role model and leader. Adherence to a code of conduct conducive with Transitions HealthCare policy is expected.
- Identifies self and clarifies role to patient/family/caregiver, physicians, nursing facility staff and other referral sources.
- Recognizes and responds appropriately to verbal and non-verbal cues.
- Facilitates the quality improvement process
- Registered Nurse licensed in the state program is located.
- Bachelor’s degree and C.H.P.N. (Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse) certification preferred.
- Minimum of one-year general nursing preferred with current Hospice, home health, medical, surgical, or critical care experience. Experience with pain and symptom management interventions preferred.
- Understanding of Hospice philosophy, principles of death/dying.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state and/or Transitions requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent observation, assessment, nursing judgement and communication skills. Ability to provide accurate written documentation in a timely manner.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision.
Job Type : Full-Time
Education Level : Associate Degree
Experience Level : Not Applicable
Job Function : General